Commonwealth Health Corporation, the parent company of The Medical Center, offers a variety of opportunities for physicians including a choice of practice options.
Physician opportunities currently available in Bowling Green and Southcentral Kentucky include:
- Seeking board-certified internal medicine physician to join Inpatient Medicine Associates (IMA), a hospital-owned hospitalist program. IMA is a ten (10) physician group with two (2) acute care trained, Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs). Twelve hour shifts with 7 on / 7 off block scheduling. Competitive salary and excellent benefits with productivity-based bonus compensation. Applicants must be eager and willing to provide resident and medical student education. IMA providers are the leading admitters for The Medical Center, a 337-bed regional referral center whose service area spans ten (10) counties and a population of approximately 280,000 people.
- Program Director - Internal Medicine Residency Program (DO)
- Seeking qualified physician to serve as Program Director for The Medical Center's new Internal Medicine Residency Program which opens July 1, 2015. The program is accredited through the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and affiliated with the Appalachian Osteopathic Postgraduate Training Institute Consortium (A-OPTIC). The program will accept six (6) residents to each incoming class. Physician must be certified in internal medicine or an internal medicine subspecialty by the AOA through the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine. Physician must have practiced in internal medicine or an internal medicine subspecialty for a minimum of three (3) years and be an active member of the ACOI. Physician will replace the Interim Program Director and prepare the program for July 2015 implementation. Physician will report to the hospital's Director of Medical Education (DME).
- Primary Care
- Seeking board-certified physicians in Family Practice or Internal Medicine to join expanding primary care and multi-specialty practices in Bowling Green and surrounding communities. Opportunities exist for traditional practice (inpatient/outpatient) as well as outpatient only, utilizing a hospitalist program for inpatient admissions. Opportunity to join The Medical Center's new clinically integrated health network, Enspire Quality Partners.
Physicians who work with Commonwealth Health Corporation enjoy the prestige and support that comes with being a part of a superior healthcare organization.
- CHC keeps pace with the latest technology by investing significantly in the newest and best equipment available. Recently, CHC has invested in the Trilogy stereotactic system from Varian Medical Systems, a 64 Slice CT PET scanner, and da Vinci® Surgical System from Intuitive Surgical. Additionally, CHC invested over $5 million in a 5,600 square foot catheterization lab expansion; four cath labs are equipped to perform diagnostic and interventional procedures including peripheral and electrophysiology procedures.
- The Medical Center completed a $30 million expansion project that includes a two-story addition to the current Emergency Department and Ambulatory Surgery wing of the hospital. The addition provides approximately 48,000 square feet of new space designated entirely for patient care and enables The Medical Center to accommodate 48 new private rooms.
- The organization is constantly striving to improve the way care is delivered. In 2009, The Medical Center was named a top performer in a Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Premier healthcare alliance pay-for-performance (P4P) project that rewards hospitals for delivering higher quality care in five clinical areas.
About Bowling Green and Southcentral Kentucky
The third largest city in Kentucky, Bowling Green is located in Warren County with a city population of over 54,000. But, Bowling Green serves as the regional hub for business, education, industry and healthcare for 10 counties in Southcentral Kentucky, touting a population of nearly 279,000 for the region. The average annual temperature is around 60 degrees.
Bowling Green and the region offers many opportunities for recreation and cultural activities as well as a variety of area attractions. The quality of life in Bowling Green makes it both an excellent place to raise a family or a wonderful place to retire. As the Bowling Green Chamber of Commerce says, it is "a great place to live, work and play." Learn more about life in Southcentral Kentucky.
If you would like more information on current or future physician opportunities in Bowling Green and Southcentral Kentucky, please contact:
Trisha K. Lackey, Physician Recruiter